- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1-2 teaspoons pure vanilla powder
- 4 tablespoons melted butter or coconut oil
- 1/3 cup pure honey
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper
- Melt butter or coconut oil
- Mix honey and melted butter until uniform
- Stir dry ingredients, add honey-butter mixture and mix well.
- Cool the dough in the refrigerator for 10 minutes
- Shape uniform size balls (a cookie scoop can help) and lightly flatten as you place them on baking paper, leaving generous space between the cookies.
- Bake until only the edges start to brown lightly, about 11-12 minutes. At this point the cookies will look puffed and the center will still have a lighter color.
- Turn off the oven and let the cookies stay in the oven 2-4 more minutes, watching carefully that they will not darken too much.
- Take the cookies out of the oven and let cool. The cookies will be soft and chewy after cooling.
Play In the kitchen
Replace the 2 cups of almond flour with a mix of 1 ½ cups almond flour and ½ cup fine shredded coconut flakes (or any nut flour mix totaling 2 cups).
Play with different cookie flavors. Instead of vanilla try cinnamon or ginger powder, or a few drops of mint or orange natural flavors, lemon zest, etc.
Marry two cookies with a filling layer: try different fillings like honey-coconut cream or ice-cream. Flavor the filling to match or contrast the cookies flavors.