We prepare pork breakfast patties mostly during the winter when we need to eliminate eggs from our diet. These are simple and easy to make.
- 2 lbs. pork
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 small zucchini thinly shredded
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sage
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne powder
- Preheat oven to broil (high setting)
- Using a large bowl, mix the onion, zucchini, and spices.
- Form uniform sized patties
- Grease the slotted upper pan using a high heat oil. Line the lower drip pan with aluminum foil to facilitate easy cleaning.
- Arrange the patties on the top of the slotted upper pan.
- Place in oven.
- After 9 minutes or when the top browns slightly, flip the patties using kitchen tongs and broil for about 6 more minutes.
- Both sides should be lightly brown and the internal temperature should reach 170 F.