This favorite recipe was found at allrecipes.com, and given a few modifications to make it a favorite of ours. During the summer months, it is great on the grill, and in the winter it can be made in the oven broiler.
- 1/8 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- A dash of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds lamb chops
- Mix together the vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic, onion, and olive oil in a large resealable bag until the salt has dissolved. Add lamb, toss until coated, and marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 hours. We often leave it overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat.
- Remove lamb from the marinade and leave any onions on that stick to the meat. Discard any remaining marinade. Wrap the exposed ends of the bones with aluminum foil to keep them from burning. Grill to desired doneness, about 3 minutes per side for medium. The chops may also be broiled in the oven about 5 minutes per side for medium, or baked at 375 for longer.