I discovered this recipe
at allrecipes.com and enjoy the fact that it is very easy to make! Perfect for summer barbeques, we increased the lime and let it marinate overnight.
...continue reading "Spicy Grilled Chicken"
A favorite in winter, hot or cold, when nice tomatoes are hard to find.
...continue reading "Spicy Baked Eggplant Salad"
A fun family favorite, easy to prepare.
- 1 large eggplant
- ½ cup diced onion
- 3 garlic cloves or ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil plus 1 Tablespoon for oiling Pyrex dish
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon rosemary powder (or 2 Tablespoons fresh, thinly chopped, rosemary)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F
- Oil 9x13 Pyrex dish with 1 TBS olive oil
- Slice the eggplant to ½ inch slices, then dice to ½ inch cubes
- In a small bowl mix all other ingredients.
- Place eggplant cubes in oiled Pyrex, and toss well with flavoring mixture
- Bake in 350F, tossing every 15 minutes, for a total time of 45-55 minutes.
We make these as breakfast patties but in reality our teen grabs them as quick and tasty snacks throughout the day. They are easy to make and a nice variation from the pork or beef patties.
...continue reading "Lamb Patties"
We prepare pork breakfast patties mostly during the winter when we need to eliminate eggs from our diet. These are simple and easy to make.
...continue reading "Breakfast Pork Patties"
These coconut macaroons are egg free and can also be made in an almond-free variant described below.
...continue reading "Coconut Macaroons (Egg Free)"
These coconut macaroons are easy to prepare and make for delicious treats.
...continue reading "Easy Coconut Macaroons"
This simple chicken recipe first appeared in the NYT
, and was SCD legal from the start. We made a few minor modifications to keep it more aligned with our son's taste.
...continue reading "Chicken Shawarma"
For ginger lovers, this cake is a slice of heaven.
Yield: One 9"x13” cake
...continue reading "Ginger Swirl Cake"
Yield: Two 7” loaves
...continue reading "Gut Harmony Sandwich Bread"