A favorite in winter, hot or cold, when nice tomatoes are hard to find.
A fun family favorite, easy to prepare.
- 1 large eggplant
- ½ cup diced onion
- 3 garlic cloves or ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil plus 1 Tablespoon for oiling Pyrex dish
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon rosemary powder (or 2 Tablespoons fresh, thinly chopped, rosemary)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F
- Oil 9x13 Pyrex dish with 1 TBS olive oil
- Slice the eggplant to ½ inch slices, then dice to ½ inch cubes
- In a small bowl mix all other ingredients.
- Place eggplant cubes in oiled Pyrex, and toss well with flavoring mixture
- Bake in 350F, tossing every 15 minutes, for a total time of 45-55 minutes.
This delightful eggplant salad has a tasty middle eastern flair!
We try to be efficient and minimize our time in the kitchen as much as possible. As we transition into having our teen cook more independently, the recipes we use most often are fast and easy to make. We will be adding them as soon as possible. In the meantime, here are some recent images from our kitchen.