This SCD legal recipe is based on a mushroom meatloaf recipe that originally appeared in Cooking Light.
- 1 pound chopped mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped onion
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 5/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces ground sirloin (90% lean) [this recipe accommodates up to 1 lb. without changing the amount of the other ingredients]
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup SCD legal ketchup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat.
- Add onion; sauté 3 minutes.
- Add garlic; sauté 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms; cook 7 minutes or until liquid evaporates and mushrooms begin to brown.
- Remove from heat; stir in thyme. Cool slightly.
- Combine mushroom mixture, almond flour, and remaining ingredients mixing until well combined. Shape mixture into a 7 x 3-inch free-form loaf on a foil-lined baking sheet coated with oil.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven; brush with ketchup (if you choose).
Serve alongside pureed cauliflower and steamed veggies.