This simple recipe can be made with chicken drumsticks, thighs, or quarters.
- 6-8 chicken drumsticks or
- 5-6 chicken thighs or
- 2-3 chicken quarters
- 3 Tbs kosher salt
- 2 Tbs paprika
- 1 Tbs garlic powder
- 1 Tbs onion powder
- 1 Tbs ground black pepper
- 1/2 Tbs oregano
- 1/2 Tbs thyme
- 1/2 Tbs rosemary
- 1/4 Tsp cayenne powder
- Preheat oven to 375
- Rinse and pat chicken parts dry
- Spread a light layer of high heat oil (e.g. canola) in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish
- Place skin-on chicken pieces face down in the dish.
- Sprinkle chicken generously with the dry rub, covering all the surfaces.
- Flip the chicken parts over and sprinkle the other side of the chicken.
- Bake the chicken face-up at 375 for 30 minutes.
- Flip the chicken pieces face-down and continue baking for 30 more minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350, flip the chicken pieces face-up and continue baking for 15 more minutes.
We tend to prefer chicken thighs. Feel free to vary the proportions of the spices in the rub, for example adding more cayenne for more zing. Also, it is easy to make extra rub and keep it in a jar for later use.