Spicy Eggplant, Tomato and Garlic Salad
This delightful eggplant salad has a tasty middle eastern flair!
- 1 eggplant
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup SCD legal tomato paste
- 2 Roma tomatoes.
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 2 tbs. sesame (or any high heat) oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sweet paprika
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Lightly coat the bottom of a large 9×13 shallow Pyrex baking dish with oil.
- Trim each eggplant and cube into 1/2 inch sized cubes.
- Cube the tomatoes as well.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly in a bowl.
- Spread the mixture evenly in a single layer in the baking dish and place the dish in the oven, stirring every 20 minutes until soft.
- When done, add salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- Adding a dash of smoked paprika can help the flavor pop. We tend to add a bit more smoked paprika in the winter.
- We like to eat this both warm or cold!