Colonoscopy Prep/Cleanse On SCD
- It may be helpful to transition to low-residue foods which are pureed with lots of liquid on the third and second days before your procedure, then changing to clear liquids the day of the preparation.
- Since a colonoscopy can be tough on the gut, be proactive in preventing a “post colonoscopy flare”.after the procedure, ease gradually back into a normal SCD diet. Start with pureed soups or smoothies, and then your most digestible (and low residue) soft foods before restarting your regular SCD foods.
- During the cleanse use the Miralax mixed with white grape juice/club soda or homemade SCD lemonade.
- The day before the cleanse, make one or two varieties of jello using unflavored gelatin and white grape juice or homemade lemonade.
- Order ahead of time some Honey candies from Digestive Wellness.
- Homemade popsicles from the white grape juice and SCD lemonade.
- Any juice must be SCD legal and should be used diluted.
- Chicken broth should be clear, with no solids in the liquid. Strain the broth several times to filter out any particulates. Skim the fat off as best you can, this is easier when the broth has been chilled. The fat is likely to affect a pill cam, so you do want to make sure the broth isn’t too fatty.
- Plan ahead to keep the child busy (toys, movies, playtime) and take their mind off of what’s going on so the time will go by faster!
I would not take miralax. I used Natural Calm which is SCD legal magnesium citrate to clean out my system in three decided doses.