- 1 ½ cups full fat pure coconut milk(13.5 oz)
- ¾ cups strong brewed black coffee
- 4 tablespoons honey (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Line muffin pans with 18 – 20 paper liners, to create ice cream coins.
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan, mix and gently heat until completely warm.
- Turn off the heat, stir with a spoon and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Place a hand-held stick immersion blender inside the pan and pulse. This helps create an airy texture and homogenize the ingredients.
- Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Pour into prepared liners, filling each only about 1/3 of the way. Aim for the shape and size of a Reese’s peanut butter cup.
- Cover with plastic and freeze.
Play in the kitchen
These ice cream coins are yummy to eat straight out of their paper liners.
Alternatively, they can be sandwiched between two cookies.
Alternatively, the mixture can be poured into popsicle molds and frozen.
Alternatively, freeze in a very thin layer in a large flat Pyrex and scrape into serving.
We rarely make the same exact recipe twice. Creativity makes cooking fun, experiment with new flavors! Replace the coffee with 100% natural fruit juice (e.g. cranberry or pineapple) or with homemade fruit puree (e.g. strawberry or mango) or natural flavors (e.g. peppermint).