This chicken breast recipe first appeared in GroupRecipes.com and is delicious.
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Trim the fat and rinse the chicken breasts with cold water.
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels and place on a large plate, skin side down.
- Pierce the chicken several times with a small knife while the chicken is on the plate.
- Add the zest of ½ the lemon and then the juice of ½ the lemon to the chicken.
- Sprinkle on the chicken (to taste) the black pepper, salt, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Turn the chicken over and using the other half of the lemon, repeat the lemon and seasoning steps.
- Cover the chicken with aluminum foil, refrigerate and marinate the chicken about an hour.
- Remove from the refrigerator and let come to room temperature for about ½ an hour. (Covered)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly coat the bottom of an oven-safe Pyrex dish with oil.
- Arrange the chicken in the Pyrex dish.
- Place into oven and bake uncovered for 20 to 30 minutes, or until juices run clear or the internal temp is about 150-160 degrees.
- Remove from oven and cover with aluminum foil.
- Let rest for about 10 minutes.
- Spoon juices over chicken and serve