Black Bean Brownies for Camp Oasis
Yield: Single 9” cake
Serving Size: 1/8th of the cake
- 2 1/2 Cups almond flour
- 1 1/2 Cups black beans, soaked overnight & boiled until tender
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 Cup coconut flour
- 1/2 Cup butter, at room temp
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 1 cup honey
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine black beans, eggs, & honey into food processor and process until smooth and pasty. Scrape down the sides and continue to process if necessary to achieve a smooth texture.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and combine with the rest of the ingredients. Mix until homogenous.
- Pour the batter into a 9” spring form cake pan and bake for 20-25 minutes until the center is no longer liquid-like.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Travis Bettinson