Ginger Swirl Cake
For ginger lovers, this cake is a slice of heaven.
Yield: One 9″x13” cake
For cake batter
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup yogurt (nut milk for Paleo)
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For ginger swirl
- 2 1/2 tablespoons ginger powder
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons butter or coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Butter a 9″x13″ Pyrex baking dish.
- Prepare cake batter by mixing all dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the eggs, yogurt, honey, and vanilla, blending them into the batter. I use a hand mixer for this stage.
- In a separate small bowl, prepare the ginger mixture. I use a small Pyrex bowl and warm it lightly in a toaster oven just enough to combine all ingredients with ease.
- Pour the batter into the prepared Pyrex dish.
- Drizzle the ginger swirl mixture you prepared on top. You can get creative, forming lines, swirls or any pattern you choose.
- Bake at 350 F until golden brown and top of cake bounces to the touch. I start checking the loaves after 28 minutes and add time as needed. Usually, in my oven they are done in 28-32 minutes.