Yield: Two 7” loaves
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup yogurt (nut milk for Paleo)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
For cinnamon mixture
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Butter 2 small Pyrex baking dishes (4×7 inches, 1.25 qt. each) and line interior bottom and sides with parchment paper.
- Prepare the cinnamon mixture in a separate small bowl and set aside. I use a small Pyrex bowl and warm it lightly in a toaster oven just enough to combine all ingredients with ease.
- Prepare cake batter by mixing all dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the eggs, yogurt and honey, blending them into the batter. I use a hand mixer for this stage.
- Mix the apple cider vinegar into the batter.
- Pour half of the batter into each prepared Pyrex dish.
- Drizzle half of the cinnamon mixture on top of each dish. You can get creative, forming lines, swirls or any pattern you choose.
- Bake at 350 F until golden brown and top of loaves bounces to the touch. I start checking the loaves after 24 minutes and add time as needed. Usually, in my oven they are done in 28 minutes.
Play in the kitchen
Have fun and experiment. Add raisins to the batter, combine the cinnamon mixture with the batter in different ways, for example laying down a flavorful line in the middle, or a thick line on top that is swirled using a toothpick, etc…