I discovered this recipe at allrecipes.com and enjoy the fact that it is very easy to make! Perfect for summer barbeques, we increased the lime and let it marinate overnight.
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Grated lime zest from one small lime
- Juice from one small lime (the same lime can be used for the zest and the juice).
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- In a shallow glass dish, mix the oil, lime juice, lime zest, garlic, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper.
- Butterfly the breasts, and optionally cut into strips.
- Add chicken, and turn to coat.
- Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 3-4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken for 6 to 8 minutes each side, or until juices run clear.