SCD, GAPS, Paleo, Keto. We love this bread as a side for chili, or as a savory snack by itself, or topped with melted cheddar cheese.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3 Tbs coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup yogurt or nut milk or olive oil
- 1 Tbs honey
- 2 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 large onion (red, yellow or white) finely diced
- 1 large jalapeno pepper finely diced
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan or cheddar are optional, and may be incorporated into the batter or sprinkled on top.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Butter a Pyrex baking dish (about 8" x 10" inches).
- Prepare bread batter by mixing all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the eggs, yogurt and honey, blending them into the batter. I use a hand mixer for this stage.
- Mix the apple cider vinegar into the batter.
- Lastly, add the diced onions and jalapeno and mix lightly, only to incorporate evenly.
- When adding grated cheese to the batter, do so now.
- Pour the batter into the prepared Pyrex dish.
- I start checking the loaves after 24 minutes and add time as needed. Usually, in my oven they are done in about 26 minutes.