Gut Harmony Cranberry Muffins
SCD, Paleo, GAPS. This is a yummy and colorful family staple. We enjoy these muffins every year when cranberries are in-season. We love delicious and healthy food, but have places to go and things to do, so only simple and easy recipes like this one, make it into the family recipe binder.This recipe is versatile and freezes well. It is even easier and faster to bake it as a cake (without the need to ladle portions to separate muffin cups). When time is tight, I just pour the batter into an oiled flat Pyrex baking dish (9x9) and bake until golden-brown, then cut it into square cranberry bars.
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup orange juice (or clementine)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tbsp citrus zest (from an orange or clementine)
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans (optional topping)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line muffin baking pan with non-stick muffin liners
- Set aside 1 cup ofcranberries
- Coarsely chop (or cut in half) the rest of the cranberries (1 cup)
- Mix wet ingredients with a blender.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, blend well and then add the coarsely chopped cranberries.
- Spoon the batter into 12 paper-lined muffin cups, filling 3/4 full with batter.
- Use the remaining 1 cup of cranberries to top the muffins, gently pushing a few cranberries half-way, so they are visible on top of each muffin.
- Bake 20-24 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from pans and let cool on a drying rack.