Planned by personal chefs
Approved by the GI team at Seattle Children’s Hospital
Shared here for your inspiration
A complete weekly SCD menu will be served this summer at Camp Oasis Northwest. Campers who use the Specific Carbohydrates Diet as part of their medical therapy will enjoy a fun filled week, including meals and snacks prepared especially for them!
The new SCD menu includes SCD S’Mores and crackers for the camp site fire pit evening, pizza-pasta, meatball fondue, cakes, butternut squash tots, and many more delicious offerings.
Here is the Camp Oasis SCD menu for 2018.
SCD Menus from previous years:
- Specific Carbohydrate Diet Weekly Menu for Camp Oasis 2016
- Specific Carbohydrate Diet Weekly Menu for Camp Oasis 2015
Here are a few of the kids favorite recipes from the SCD menu of Camp Oasis NW 2015 – created by Chef Travis Bettinson.
- Black Bean Brownies for Camp Oasis
- Honey Meringue Cookies for Camp Oasis
- Falafel Patties for Camp Oasis
- Lemon Cake for Camp Oasis (glazed with Lemon Curd Icing)
More SCD menus:
- Our Child’s typical SCD menu 2012
- SCD meal plans – Inspired simplicity without deprivation
- Modified SCD: Low FODMAP nut-free, egg white free, SCD
Menus and Packing SCD foods for camp when SCD is not served on site:
- How to plan, prepare, and pack a week’s worth of SCD meals
- Menus we prepared and packed for a week long camp 2011-2014
A few spots are still available for the June 2018 camp! Space permitting, they will take IBD kids from anywhere in the country. Parents must pay for airfare, but camp staff can pick up campers from the airport to camp and back. GI doctors and nurses are on site 24 hours a day to monitor health and help campers follow their medically-prescribed regimen. These two links can help you get started:
For questions about camp signup please contact
Kathleen Waite, Education Manager, Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation Northwest Chapter